VolunteeringThe Alaska Chapter is run entirely by volunteer Directors, who give freely of their time and knowledge. The more volunteers we have the more people we can reach and teach. If you are one of those people who want to learn more and like to help out, we want you as a Director! We are always looking for individuals with administrative skills, organizational abilities, teaching skills or computer skills. This is a great opportunity to learn more about investing while spending time with a great group of folks.
To find out more, attend a Chapter meeting. They are held the first Saturday of the month from 10 A.M. to noon. Please call or email someone on the Contacts page to confirm the meeting location.
Benefits of Getting Involved
- The training and education in investing the BetterInvesting way is great... you get to sit in on classes for free.
- It is an excellent resource for developing friends with similar interests.
- You can learn specific skills like technology training, and speaking to groups.
- It gives you a personal sense that you are providing a needed service to the confused and frustrated investor.
- Sitting on a Board of Directors for BetterInvesting looks great on a resume, no matter what field you work in.
- As a Director you receive complimentary subscriptions to the Standard & Poors Stock Data Service and the Mutual Fund Education Center on the betterinvesting.org website.