VolunteeringLocal events are sponsored by the Kansas City Chapter of BetterInvesting, a dedicated group of volunteers who give freely of their time and knowledge. We need volunteers to assist the Chapter with some of the following functions:
- Teachers - We need teachers for our classes. Please consider being a volunteer instructor, if you have some teaching experience and a good knowledge of the BetterInvesting investing tools.
- Membership and club services - visit new and existing clubs (club visits)
- Chapter Event registration
- Plan and staff Chapter events
- Publicity - arrange advertisements in local newspapers, community education brochures, etc.
- Desktop publishing - flyers, newsletters and postcards.
- Audio-visual equipment setup
- E-mail list administration
- Chapter Web page administration
- Develop Chapter youth investing programs
- Hospitality - organize refreshments at chapter events
- Facilities - find and book facilities to hold chapter events
- Supplies - sell BetterInvesting products at chapter events
- Librarian - catalog and track chapter-owned materials.
- Class monitor - help answer individual questions at chapter classes.
- Presentation creator - create Powerpoint presentations for various classes.
Please contact Dennis Boatright if you would like to volunteer.